In accordance with the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, from May 1, 2019, the following was established:
- the prohibitions on the employment of women in certain industries or professions are abolished;
- a recommendatory list of industries or professions that can adversely affect women's health is approved;
- if the father uses at least three months of parental leave, one of the parents is granted an additional parental leave of one month with the payment of benefits in accordance with the procedure established by the Labor Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- one of the parents raising a child under the age of two years, due to breaks for rest and meals, as well as feeding the child provided during work, in agreement with the employer, is given the right to set the time for a break used during the day;
- it is prohibited to terminate, on the initiative of the employer, an employment contract concluded for an indefinite period in connection with the women reaching retirement age or the emergence, according to legislation, of the right to an old-age pension before women reach the age of 60, as well as a fixed-term employment contract before its expiration;
- in court proceedings on violations of the equality of men and women, the payment for legal services rendered to women by lawyers is covered at their request by the state.
The members of the Commission for Ensuring Gender Equality of the Republic of Uzbekistan can be found here.