A compatriot, who is a capable citizen of a foreign country or a stateless person and has reached the age of 18, may apply for acquisition of the citizenship of the Republic of Uzbekistan in a simplified manner.
It can be applied in the following cases:
- if there is at least one previous direct related relative (by pedigree) who is living in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan and a citizen of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- has a legitimate source of livelihood;
- undertakes to comply with the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- speaks the state language to the extent necessary for communication.
- Birth certificate;
- Passport or residence permit of a foreign citizen or stateless person (ID-card of a stateless person);
- Marriage or divorce certificate (if any);
- If a child is indicated in the application, then it has to be submitted his birth certificate and passport or residence permit of a foreign citizen or an identity card (ID) of a stateless person (if any), including 14 to 18-year-old child’s written consent;
- Passport (ID-card) of a previous direct related relative (by pedigree) who is living in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan and a citizen of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- a document confirming the existence of legal sources of livelihood;
- a document of the competent authority of the state of its citizenship, confirming the presence or absence of a criminal record;
- Confirmation of payment of the state duty (consular fee).
Proof of proficiency the state language knowledge is issued by the competent authority through the interdepartmental information exchange system.
To know the state language is not required following:
- persons educated in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan at a level not lower than general secondary education (supporting documentation is provided);
- persons over 60 years old;
- incapacitated persons (the trustee submits a legal decision of the court on the incapacity or limitation of the legal capacity of the person);
- persons with disabilities of group I (a certificate of disability is provided).
To apply for acquisition of the citizenship of the Republic of Uzbekistan, follow the link